Animal Blinkies

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Patience,carrots

Yesterday, God wanted me to learn a lesson-- and when I tried to ignore him-- he just kept giving me more of the lesson. 
ya ~Gotta love the persistence of the Father?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+7:8&version=NIV  The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+3:12&version=NIV  Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+6:12&version=NIV  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

I went to visit my surgeon -- the one who fixed my foot-- I was expecting to tell him that I did not want a second surgery. But instead, I had to wait, and wait-- then when he did come to see me-- he really didn't talk about the surgery. He asked for xrays of my foot and said, "I want to see you again in a month!" I then waited and waited -- finally the nurse came in and ordered the xrays--. I was allowed to go get the xrays and then make my new appointment. Finally, I left the building-- the original appointment was for 10:45, when I looked at the clock in my car it was 12:10.

Hopefully, I was patient -- hopefully I won't have to learn this lesson again too soon.
Of course, by just writing those words, I should be prepared --huh?
 Let me get my knee pads and get some prayers going!

~~~~~~
So, on another topic-- Shane went overboard last night and ate a ton of carrots-- this morning his bathroom expirence was ... shall we say colored orange?   -- Cue the morning conversation about how much is ENOUGH toliet paper-- and yes your butt is clean and dry here... look in the mirror! ("But, Mom ~the inside doesn't feel clean"--   I said "Shane it's the inside-- don't worry about it-- you are fine.")

No comments: