I was one of 8 people at the table! WOW --
We talked about Shane
- gaining more skills with self managing his own sensory needs,
- using thumbs up if you heard me-- (To get Shane to respond)--
- We talked about whether or not Shane would have an IA next year (still undecided)
- We talked a bit about getting next years teacher involved this year
- we talked about making the sensory breaks less about having fun and more about doing... some heavy work
- we talked about how Shane speaks to others-- tone and volume.
- his classroom teacher talked about how much he loves the bean bag chair and the heavy blanket...
- we talked about how his Dr. and I are going to try a medication free summer.(It was requested that I keep a log of good behavior/bad behavior )
Our current IA will be moving on to a different job on the 19th of May-- Shane's teacher has a student teacher in the classroom so she is not TOO... worried that she can keep Shane on task!
It was nice to be at a meeting that wasn't hugely emotionally draining.--
But then at the end of the meeting I found out that my favorite SPED teacher will be leaving to go to Pennsylvania to be closer to family... I am so very sad-- she has helped make this year SO much better and I don't want her to go.