Shane has started chewing on his arm, and his shirt-- he is (demanding) asking to chew on things--
- do I go buy a baby chew toy for him?
- do I buy one from a catalogue that is more spendy but --is the true "tool"?(I kinda want to also invest in a compression shirt that I have found--) the catalogue is called Fun and Function www.funandfunction.com
- do I let the "tool" be used at school and home? (I know that school will not allow gum, which is what we are using today, since I am broke until tomorrow)
- Is this because he is growing -- ? he hasn't had a big growth spurt in a while...
- Is this because he is not eating enough at mealtime?
- Is this because he needs some more OT training?
I know that chewing is a sensory thing... but because Shane only just started doing this... could it be a stress reliever? or an attention thing?
Most of Shane's day was okay-- he even did a decent job with the substitute,
But, then he got another Level 3 today... He had earned some free time to play with something, but even with a warning he didn't want to stop-- he became defiant and he ended up yelling at staff-- so he received the level 3 --- :( At least he didn't hit anyone... and his consequences are loosing recess...
My dear husband, Jerry ~ is sleeping during the day-- because he is working nights--he is also coming down with a cold and so he is whiny, :(normally when he gets like this I just try to get him what he needs and leave him alone-- I hope that I can have extra patience with him--
Jessica gets to go snowshoeing with Aunt Danni and some of the women from church-- to say that Jessica is excited is an UNDERSTATEMENT....
However, I am starting to feel more like a referee than a mom... where is my whistle?