Animal Blinkies

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

500th post!

WOw ...
500th post
Man, either I have a ton to say-- or I like to think I do? LOL!
thanks for reading !
Not much going on here, although it has been raining and raining which = mud and that annoys me.... The kids went with Jerry fishing for a short time this weekend, and I "let" them take my KIA, they brought it back muddy... the inside, the outside everywhere muddy--- grrrrr(I won't tell you how muddy the kids were..I bet you can just imagine!)
I was lucky enough to find all the mud on....Sunday morning when it was time to hop in the KIA to go to church! Oh, Joy!
Those scally wags, I'll have to make them swab the thing clean! (heck, if I had a garage I would park the KIA in it and clean it out myself... I don't mind some dirt but... mud, ewww YUCK! )
I changed my FB page to pirate English,..and I now seem to be lapsing into pirate every so often... arrrgggg!
Our street will be getting some new changes next summer, so the survey people have been out and about-- they have put sticks in our yard with ribbons, and unearthed the metal/iron ? stake that marks the property line. I am so glad that we have chosen to do nearly nothing... with our front yard-- I am a bit nervous although, to see how much of our yard we will loose.
Tomorrow the kids have off because of Veteran's Day... I hope that I can impress upon the kids why we celebrate our Veteran's...
I am still in a happy glow, because both of my kids are doing well in school !
********************************
Is there a good answer to the parent that calls, and wants to compare their child to yours?
What do you say to the parent who shares about their life, but it is SO dysfunctional that it hurts your heart to hear?
Just this past Sunday, our Pastor Dave, spoke about
Luke 6:32-35 NJV
32 If you love those who love you,what credit is that to you?Even "sinners" love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you,what credit is that to you?Even "sinners" do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment,what credit is that to you? Even "sinners" lend to "sinners", expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies,do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.Then your reward will be great,and you will be sons of the Most High,because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.


Talk about getting a message from God, just when I needed it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...and you ask how I manage to keep my patience with people? Stacey you always remind me why I do just when I don't want to. I love you even though you love me too.....haha!

mommyto4duckies said...

ARRRRRRrrrrrr,matey! I don't like the comparing thing either. I guess some people are perhaps insecure in whatever they are comparing--in this case their child. There's a reason why some people come and go in our lives,usually the Lord is trying to teach us something. That is what I learned from soem previous relationships. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

See if any of these lines fit into the conversation: for the dysfunctional part)

I'm sorry you have.....

Sounds reall bad.

What are you going to do about it?

For the kid comparison part - change the subject.

Wishing you a mud free weekend!
Barbara