Animal Blinkies

Friday, August 21, 2009

time on my knees...

I haven't been blogging much this week-- it's our local county fair...week ~
Fair week brings back bad memories-- Jessica got e coli from a simple trip to the fair.
It makes me sad that I am un-able to see the fair as a GREAT place to be., I find myself yelling sarcastically at the TV, when the news people are at the fair, talking about all the "fun stuff" to do~
I have often thought about going down and walking on the sidewalk with a sign... but then I think what purpose would I serve? maybe I'd be on TV again... but I can't imagine that people would listen any better than they have in the past...
I know that some people are more likely to get e coli.... and Jessica just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and yet I want an apology-- I want compensation....
But I also know that -- none of what I want... is what God has planned, and so I find myself praying and waiting --
It's not really bad... all this emotion and upheaval... but I am not sure how to move on-- when I see a constant reminder on Jessica's neck (she has scars from her main line...)
I worry that the H1N1 virus will be detrimental for our family, I hope that I can get her the vaccine--
I'm thinking that maybe I just need to do some (more) time on my knees....
If you want to read the whole story about Jessica and her last trip to the fair-- click on one of the labels below... and get your kleenex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has a plan from all of this Stacey. Your daughter is going to be some sort of amazing doctor or biologist of some sort. I can feel it. You have learned what strength and faith are all about. Now.... it's time for you to turn it all over to God again my friend and to just be. Besides I heard the fair was kinda lame from everyone that's gone so far. I love you. Me