Animal Blinkies

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Zoo,Alaska,Field Trips, and fish~

Jessica had loads of fun at the zoo~ she also had a really great teacher that helped to remind her to go pee! All those worries ~ and for naught!

She pet a snake,an armadillo,a dead snake skin and a dead beaver skin...(her words...) She got to see the worlds' largest owl, giraffes,she got to see the butts of some baboon's-- and she saw a black scorpion! She had the chance to pet some goats, but she didn't because she knew they had higher rate of E coli...(I love it that Jessica listened to my words of caution and she followed them! yahoooo!)

As I was leaving my house to go and get her, my parents' showed up and wanted to talk about their trip to Alaska on a cruise-- There was 400 or so pictures to see, and gifts to receive.

I am very confident that my family can do a great job of advertising for Alaska~~
from the hats, to the t-shirts, to the socks, to Jessica's backpack, and to many different colored bracelets all saying ALASKA... Shane got a train whistle that he has a hard time using...my kids may be full of things to say, but not full of enough air to get that darn whistle to make any noise-- and ... I'm not annoyed... quiet train whistles make me happy !

When I did finally get Jessica at the school, I don't know if she was happier to be home, or happier that Grandma and Grandpa were at the house!--

My parents tried really hard to convince me that I need to get a bunch of money together-(thousands of dollars)- and then convince some friends to go with me and my husband on a cruise-- I don't wanna... really I would rather save my money for a bigger house-- or something that would help me in my day to day life. (a maid!)



Shane's day went okay... although I got angry with a comment the teacher made -- about an upcoming field trip for him and the other kinders to the same Zoo that Jessica went to. I ended up writing an email to the principal and the teacher and the "professional" (Bruce) -- hopefully that email will bring the results I desire! until then I will try not to dwell on the negative. (as I stamp my foot and then tap it repeatedly to hurry the process along!)



Jerry showed up really late this evening empty handed, apparently there was one fish caught, but I think it went home with his brother. The guide did make a new deal with the guys to do another guided fishing trip with a cut rate price.-- Today, Jerry is fishing for bottom fish at the coast, this time his work is picking up the tab...

I just got an email from the professional(Bruce) and Shane can go on the trip, but we will all have to meet before the trip--- they (the staff) are worried that I can't keep my son safe! Geez...
I don't get why my skills are being held in question!
AGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


By the WAY --- My sister-in-law (Sara)and my brother(Peter) have been married
now for 4 years and I am very proud of them, and the lovely family they have created!
congrats! yahooooo!

3 comments:

mommyto4duckies said...

Yeah for Jessica!! All that worrying for naught, my dear! You have done well, your kids are amazing.

Anonymous said...

This is a jewel of a post, Stacey! Everything I asked for and more! Thanks! I like the new background - very pretty and artsy.

Whenever you DO get the urge to cruise to Alaska, maybe when you are closer to my age, ahem, maybe we can do it together - if I'm not too old by then.

Sorry about the sturgeon.
Barbara

Childlife said...

So glad Jessica had fun! I hope we can squeeze in a zoo trip or two this summer :)

So glad that Shane is going to get to go too!