Animal Blinkies

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prayer works...

I had such a tough time staying asleep this morning--
I woke up way early-- (before even Jerry's alarm clock 6amish)
I kept getting flashes-- of Shane's teacher and Shane....
I figured that I wouldn't get any rest until I asked for help, so instead of praying for the teacher to do what I want and how I want...
I decided to pray in a different way-- I prayed simply for God's will in this situation, that if my tongue needed to be held, fine-- if Shane needed to change his behaviors' -then fine, but all in all I prayed for God's guidance in all these things.
And...ladies and gentlemen...
GOD IS GREAT!
I picked Shane up from school and I didn't feel anger towards the teacher, I didn't feel frustration-- I even took a few moments to talk about random things! What a HUGE change... usually I go to pick Shane up and I feel like any little word or deed by the teacher will set me off... today I just felt, calm and peaceful when I picked him up!

And then... Shane had a GREAT day! he only had 2 time outs-- but he got 12 bonus points!
(I really don't know what the bonus points are for-- but I'll take them!)
I even took a few moments and made a certificate for Shane-- to show him that I was proud of him! [the teacher did do and say a few things that were annoying, however I chose to ignore them and just let it go....]
Shane was also very happy that today went well... he was complaining that he was tired, but I think that is because he had such a long weekend...

Later today, I get to see my step-son Brandon, the baby Irie, and Sorccia-- they need a ride to WIC and I am going to take them-- that means I get to see the baby... and maybe hold the baby... touch the baby... ah... the baby....



The sun is shining and I feel GREAT!
I guess I ought to pray differently more often? yup I think so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Stace! What a breakthrough in faith! It's Meeeeee!

HennHouse said...

Stacey, what an amazing change! God is good!

(and I think you're pretty amazing, too)