Animal Blinkies

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finding Courage Through Sharing

August 28, 2008

">

The topic for this month is memories and memory markers. Share about something that trips a memory in your journey with your child or children, or just a memory that is special to you. The memory can be happy, sad, or anything in between. If you don’t have time to write specifically for this prompt, feel free to share a post that matters to you from your archives. I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to share this month…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Memories~


- http://frogparenting.blogspot.com/2008/08/get-kleenex-post-about-past.html

I spent my birthday at Jessica's bedside with my parents until - they convinced me to got with them to a restaurant and eat some food that wasn't hospital food.

I missed going to the family camp out the year Jessica was sick, I missed celebrating Labor Day at home, but really what I missed out on was ~how these memories will always change my view-- of this time of year.(Jessica and Jerry also missed out on these things,Shane wasn't yet born-- )

It has been quite a few years since Jessica was really sick, and we feel very blessed, but just the other day we went to a local orthodontist to see about Jessica's teeth and the price of braces.~

I noticed a picture on the wall of people that work at this office~

one of them is a another Mom -- who's son, Hunter was also sick with the E coli.

And so I guess my point in all of this is, that my reality has changed, my view of the world is different ~ because of the past, and my desire to change the memories of the past into something positive for the future.

5 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is what God wants for us to do with the things that happen in our life. Turn everything into praise and honor God by using them to give Him the glory!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know God has shaped you through your experiences with your daughter, and eventhough they were so difficult, you and your family are richer because of it.

danette said...

great post, very touching! I'm glad to hear she's doing so much better now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Stacey! I loved where you talked about your "desire to change the memories of the past into something positive for the future" -- I know what you mean. I strive to do this each and every day. I smile whenever I think of the successes for your family :)

HennHouse said...

Wonderful post--and I agree. Certain times of the year, my ability to create new memories is tainted by memories of the past.