Animal Blinkies

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Seeing,Hearing, and Smells to come!

I look outside and see...
the squirrels, digging more and more holes in my front lawn~
all the leaves that I had swept off of the sidewalk, back on the sidewalk~
the neighbors trying hard to keep the black walnuts that fall from staining their driveway~

As I surf the 'net I hear...
the kids asking for new batteries~
the kids talk about how they love to "camp-out" in Mommy and Daddy's bed, early Saturday mornings~
the coffee maker, creating that glorious eye opening liquid~ (coffee)

As I get the kids their breakfast,
the phone rings, with a request for dinner...
(I love to cook turkeys, and I have learned to make homemade noodles, so my dear husband wants homemade turkey noodle soup...)

I know I am not the best writer, which makes me sad,
but I do know that home-cooked meals that get eaten up the night they are served --
fills my heart that my work is GOOD!

(now, if I can find some batteries ... (for me and the camera...[hence the coffee!])
I plan to ~~ create the turkey noodle soup,and take some pictures!

Doesn't this post make you hungry? it does me!

What are your favorite seasonal foods?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homemade noodles are the best! (I need to figure out if there is a way to make some gluten-free ones...)