Animal Blinkies

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

Rainbows apologize for angry skies. ~Sylvia Voirol

I really enjoy this time of year, the leaves falling, and the smell of freshly fallen rain,rainbows after the rain, I love to cook homey- meals, like homemade chicken noodle soup, {from scratch}or a turkey-- most anything that fills the house with smells of home and comfort.

Today I cooked a turkey, yummmmm, it is so yummy! I like to make a sandwhich with mayonaisse,a little mustard,cranberry/raspberry jelly, and warm turkey!

Oh, my gosh... I think that I love this type of sandwhich so much, it ought to be a sin!
LOL!

Anyway, I got to thinking how the simple things are so good to SLOW down and enjoy

  • I love reading a book,while watching the leaves fall like they aren't in a hurry
  • I like to come home to a house that smells like freshly brewed coffee
  • I like to put on a warm sweater, and wear it a while and then have to take it off-- because a beautiful patch of sunlight just broke thru the rain;
  • I like to walk with my kids in the light rain to get the mail, and then hurry to run back to the house

While thinking about these things, I wondered if I could have these warm,lovely thoughts about mothering, and I can and I ....DO!

Did this post make you hungry?, Yup...me 2... so I'm off to eat some more turkey!

No comments: