Animal Blinkies

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just watchin' a fish

I had PT yesterday...and while waiting~ normally I sit and either read or I watch this fish... swim around and around scooping up the rocks and then redepositing the rocks in a corner. I know this fish doesn't have a bigger brain than me, but .... why does the fish keep at this task with such diligence? I tried to get a video of the fish eating the rocks and then spitting them out ... but this fish must be shy about video taping it's directive?
There is a bigger question here... but  I'm not sure what it is.
Go... ahead leave me a comment-- give me your version of the bigger question!

I have too many cobwebs in my head to create a more informative post... please, check back soon! :)

2 comments:

Ashley's Mom said...

The fish at our doctor's office does exactly the same thing, and I have never been able to figure out why. It is fun to watch though!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I can't tell for sure but it looks like it may be a triggerfish which move rocks while they are feeding for whatever reason I can't remember. You can probably look them up on Wikipedia! Love you. Me