Animal Blinkies

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

are you in the NY area?

A short time ago I found a posting that asked for input about the DSM...
They wanted parents and educators and professional input--
I wrote a short comment... I just recieved this in my in-box and if I was in NY or close by... I would do it...
can you pass this along to anyone you know who might be able to help?


Dear Stacey ,
We were contacted recently by a producer from CBS Local News in NYC. They are interested in doing a piece on Sensory Processing Disorder from the point of view of experts, organizations, therapists, parents and people who make adaptive and therapeutic products. If you fit any of the above criteria, and are in or willing to travel to the NY area, please respond to this email with answers to the questions below. I think this would be an incredible opportunity to create awareness about SPD, reach out to families of kids with SPD who may not have a diagnosis and are seeking help, and especially to draw attention to the SPD Foundation and others important mission of having Sensory Processing Disorder added to the DSM-5 (http://www.spdfoundation.net/dsmv.html).
TV production works on a fast paced calendar, so if you are at all interested or can recommend a friend, please act fast and respond ASAP. We are trying to forward them contact info and names by the end of today, early tomorrow.
Thank you!
Jessica Ralli
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't think of anyone that I know who is affected by SPD is on the East Coast....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent your post url to someone. Can't be sure they will respond. Barbara