Animal Blinkies

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Borrowers... ?

I think someone borrowed my brain, and I'd really like it back-- NOW!
{The neighbors' loaned us a video called The Borrowers... I hope to watch it later this evening maybe it will hold the answer to where my brain is! }
I am so glad it's Friday, but it has been such a whirlwind week-- I hope next week is much less full of stuff to do and instead full of family,memories, and of course-- food!
I like to give back and help people when I can-- so when the third grade teachers asked me to make 50 new chair covers with a pocket on each... I didn't blink I just said yes... and now I am working hard on creating a new pattern that is "better" than the current.('cause I also have a need to do ...things better--ah hem...)
I wonder if the teachers plan on cutting our the fabric during the Christmas Break so that I can get happily overwhelmed with making these things? :) I am such glutton for punishment...
Late last night I ran into "issues" with my dial-up -- I had spent hours trying to upload iTunes, only to find that my iPod was formatted for a MAC and not Windows....
In desperation I called my neighbor and asked if her teen who is also named Jessica... could help-- She was SO happy to help-- It was like she was getting an extra cute little present! So, instead of visiting Patty for karaoke...(sorry) I was putting songs on my iPod-- I now have 32 songs-- I convinced Jerry that I needed his old headphones, and I gave the ear buds to the neighbor Jessica-- she loves them--.
I figure that I can listen to my iPod while I sew and pin ?
The other night Jerry the kids and I went to a restaurant... The Roadhouse-- to use a gift card. Normally this is a tough and often, emotional thing for me-- I am never sure if Shane is going to behave-- Not only did Shane behave but he was polite, and clear with what he wanted. I was so stunned-- VERY happy but stunned. On the way home Jerry was praising Shane by telling me what his teacher had said about the day-- that Shane did a GREAT job during the FIRE DRILL--(I happened to be at the school and Shane did DO an AWESOME job--he had his headphones on and was walking in line-- he looked more calm than some of the other kids!) Jerry went on to say that Jessica and Shane both had a great time watching an assembly -- and once again Shane did a great job of staying focused and behaving during the concert put on my the local middle school. I can't believe that this is my son-- it seems like he is really learning that he can do a GREAT job and he can get praise for being ...his BEST!
I am hoping that (I/)we are able to keep his good behavior while we are on break from school.
Last year I kept asking for Shane to have an IA... an Instructional Assistant- and for a short time we did have one-- this year the school is trying to get one for Shane-- so that when we are back from Christmas break -- he can have a bit of help getting back into the swing of things-- I love that the school is PLANNING ahead -- and really being pro-active about how best to support Shane...
Jessica and I tried to use the flat iron today-- it didn't work as well... I think mornings are TOO early to work on hair! (that's why the pictures are missing for today!)

Now, I'm off to research if I can take and post videos from the iPOD onto here...
and I also need to find out if I can "rip" my personal Cd's to my computer and then upload them via iTunes onto the iPOD.... {Since we used the neighbor's computer I don't know if I have to "rip" all my Cd's on their computer-- since my ipod was used on theirs--}
Maybe the above is clearer than mud... but it seems to be helping me! I thiknk....

We have our tree up-- and hopefully I can get some great pictures of it later this evening...
I better go and get busy working on my list of stuff to do...

I hope that your day is great and people treat you with a dose of extra special Christmas Spirit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! So that's what happened to you last night. I had to laugh out loud when I read it. I love you girl! Me