Animal Blinkies

Monday, September 29, 2008

Relationships---

This weekend while listening to the message from our Pastor, I had an "aha moment...

Romans 12:16 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have been trying to find a way to get what I think my son needs, from his school and his teachers-- but I don't think I have been very sensitive to others.So, while at church-- Our Pastor mentioned that we were in the company of others... who were in "low position"-- We all laughed-- But it got me to thinking, that if we make the effort to be positive and helpful, flexible and caring-- then maybe... just maybe this will return to us.

My dream--is this-- I want my kids to go to a good school and only have the BEST teachers, but-- what about letting them go to an "okay' school with teachers that try -- but are just simply overwhelmed...--- My kids are smart and they might just learn an important lesson-- how to deal with MANY different types of people!

When you are pregnant ~
you read all the books you can, about how to eat,exercise...etc....
everything good that you can-- (Not to mention all the stuff you read about having your baby at home, with or without drugs.... the list really is ENDLESS!)
Then-- you have to learn how best to discipline your child,
and get used to crying and whining---

When and if you let your kids be with a sitter-- you get a background check, and you have an interview-- But really all of that just goes away in public school--
To quote my daughter "You get what you get and don't throw a fit..."

So,
fit's I will not throw-- but I will add some sweet, sweet honey to the mix--

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

What a great lesson! Thanks for sharing your insights and your "aha" moment!