Animal Blinkies

Monday, February 18, 2008

How we spent our weekend!

So, this weekend started with...
High Hopes

Written by: Jimmy Van Heusen
Written by: Sammy Cahn
Arranged By: Nelson Riddle
From the Album: The Capitol Years, Disc 3
From the Film: A Hole In The Head (1959)
Label: Capitol Records
Recorded: May 8, 1959
-----------------------------------------------
"Have fun now, boys and girls. Relax."
One, two

NOTE: words inside (parentheses) are sung by children only.
Words in {brackets} are sung by Frank AND children

(Next time you're found with your chin on the ground)
(There's a lot to be learned so look around)

Just what makes that little ole ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant?
Anyone knows an ant can't
Move a rubber tree plant

{But he's got hi-i-igh hopes, he's got hi-i-igh hopes}
{He's got high apple pi-i-ie-in-the-sk-y-y hopes}
So, any time you're gettin' low, 'stead of lettin' go, just remember that ant
Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant
(Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant)
{Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant}

(When troubles call and your back's to the wall)
(There a lot to be learned that wall could fall)

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram scram
He kept buttin' that dam

{'cause he had hi-i-igh hopes, he had hi-i-igh hopes}
{He had high apple pi-i-ie-in-the-sk-y-y hopes}
So, any time your feelin' bad, 'stead of feelin' sad, just remember that ram
Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam
(Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam)
{Oops, there goes a billion-kilowatt dam }




(A problem's just a toy balloon, they'll be bursted soon)
(They're just bound to go pop)

Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop
(Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop)
{Oops, there goes another problem ker-plop}

(Ker-plop!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We made it to the library- for some extra reading and watching material
- since we are celebrating President's Day!
{a weird thing happened while at the library, we had just got done checking the books out and we were trying to walk thru the security things...Jessica reached over and pressed the wheelchair button a bunch, I asked her to "Just stop pressing that and -- go thru the door" when we got out of the library and into the lobby-- I asked Jessica what was wrong-- she seemed to be really defiant with me-- very unusual for...her~ She just stood there and looked at me, the next thing I know she is crying! AGH! I felt so terrible-- I may of not said the "right" thing-- but I didn't think I was mean-- and yet she was crying !}


Then~ I put the kids down to sleep on Saturday night and Jessica was complaining about her throat being scratchy-- I should of known something was up!
Well... something was up--- ALL of Jessica's food for the day!
So, I was on The Clean~up the Throw~up Crew-- party of one!
I was also trying hard to create a cool, fun, puzzle for the kinder and first graders at Jessica's school-- We are having a Book Fair and I am trying to create, BUZZ for the event-

-- Our Theme from Scholastic is Road Trip !
Take a Road Trip of Reading!
I am creating a secret code for the kids, I had already created the one for the older kids but the younger ones had me stumped---
Untill I found out that Dr. Seuss will be 104 on March 2nd!
I was printing,cutting and pasteing(sp?)-- anyway
I have a lot on my to do list this week, Jessica has school on Tuesday, Shane doesn't, Jerry has a meeting at work on Tuesday, and then he has to help Brandon(our step-son) get some current ID. Shane has school on Wednesday, and he goes to and from on the bus, Jessica get out of school early on Wednesday--
But the big thing for me (and Jessica) is that Jessica and I will be travelling to PDX to see the kidney Dr.-- and although I know that it will most likely just be a regular check-up --
I am still nervous and unsure-- Jessica will have to miss the whole day from school-- Jerry is going to stay home and be with Shane-- so that Shane doesn't miss school.

So, I am asking for prayer--- That I will be confident in spirit, that I will be postive in my comments and helpful -- so that Jessica doesn't worry and is calm about any information we might find out!
(They plan to ultrasound her kidneys-- and possibly will take blood, and her blood pressure)(As I read this it sounds less than my Mommy's heart feels~)agh!

~~~~ I woke up this morning from my dream that I was a Who in Whoville -- but someone was insisting that I was their Mommy... and that they needed me now...! ~~~~~~~~~

I guess my parenting bubble was burst?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be all okay girlfriend! Parenting seems overwhelming especially when you love them as much as you do. You want to get it right and for everything to be okay especially their health. I'm sorry I can't go with you on Thursday. I know what it's like going there as I did it with Sean a few times and it seemed like the more we were there the more we waited and it is nice to have another adult to talk to. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you both. Love you. Patty

Anonymous said...

Hope she's feeling better now and that you got good news from the doctor visit! Prayers for you both!