I was over at It's Almost Nap Time
and there was a question for Mom's to Mom's---
what is the best advise you have ever received?
I thought about it and here are a few things that I have gathered so far~
- pick your battles-- if you are going to make a stand about something-- then do make that stand and ...STICK WITH IT!
- Sleep when they sleep--
- Parenting is not about you--personally -- it is about training your kids to be good kids.
- If you want them to stop doing what annoys you-- then tell them what they can do!
- Be Flexible, and apologize when necessary --ask for forgiveness when needed!
- Allow them to have frustrating,sad, and upset feelings-- but show them how to think about those feelings differently.
- Pray to God for big things and small things, pray and say thank you to God.
- Think out of the box for things to entertain the kids-- a plastic cup lid can be a free toy to a small child in a pinch!
- You be the parent and the one in charge-- not the child.
- Catch them being good and GIVE PRAISE!
So, anyway--- what do you think? --- comments please!