Animal Blinkies

Monday, October 27, 2008

Just plain fustrated!

A while back I checked a book out at the library, called
Oxymoronica, by Dr. Mardy Grothe
These are some quotes that I found worth sharing :
Ellen Goodman ~We want our children to fit in and to stand out. We rarely address the conflict between these two goals.

Elbert Hubbard~ The object of teaching a child is to enable him to get along without his teacher.

Annie Shaw~Fond as we are of loved ones, there comes a times during these absence an unexplained peace.

Tacitus, in Annuals~ To show resentment at a reproach is to acknowledge that one maybe have deserved it.
So, today-- I took the kids to school--- Shane is still not feeling good so--
we were late and Shane was being a pill---not to mention coughing and coughing-- even after I gave him some over the counter medicine-- which didn't work-- but I was willing to try ANYTHING-- that might help~
But-- I had been asked to help out with a project in the class and so I stayed to help.
I appreciate that there are 25 kids in this classroom and that seems to be a huge issue.
Then~
Why not be prepared to do the project,before sharing it with the kids?
Why not make a tutorial like they do on TV(heck I have even seen some cute ones on blogs)
There never seemed to be a beginning middle or an end.---
I was paying attention and I didn't understand what we were doing -- or why ?????
Wouldn't the why we are doing the project --be something we should know ?
Shouldn't we explain the how in steps?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really wanted to post a positive message this morning--
I had High Hopes-- but I have to be honest and say I am just plain frustrated!


2 comments:

HennHouse said...

And rightly so, it sounds like. So sad that Shane isn't feeling better yet. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Jane Anne said...

Hey- I just took a minute to answer your question on my post. I hope it is a little bit helpful.